MY 7 FAVOURITE RED LIPSTICKS
Left to right: YSL Rouge Volupte #15, NARS Red Lizard, YSL Le Rouge #1, Giorgio Armani #400, Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro Dark Velvet, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Cruella, Chanel Rouge Allure La Palpitante
It's been a week of #theredlippyproject, and I thought it would be a good time to do a recap of my favourite red lipsticks. You'll notice they are all quite similar, I like my reds rich and full-force.
1. Extreme Coral is a fantastic, almost neon pink-coral. It is wonderful on golden toned girls like myself and amazing in Summer with a tan
2. Red Lizard is a classic deep red, velvety and opaque and has the perfect undertone for me. It photographs beautifully
3. Le Rouge #1 is a classic bright red creme, a lot more slick than most creme lipsticks, this one almost liquifies when on the lips. Tastes delicious, or so I've been told. Smears a LOT
4. Giorgio Armani is a classic intense red creme with a lighter consistency than NARS, but still a very much longwearing, opaque formula.
5. Dark Velvet is a modern formula that gives the most incredible color payoff, the coverage is absolute and the shade is a perfect dark vampy red. This has been the most incredible discovery for me this year, it is a very exciting product.
6. NARS Cruella is a completely matte almost powdery shade that makes lips look so full and luscious and feels like nothing, stays on for ever. I always carry it in my handbag for emergencies, it's easy and doesn't smear.
7. I wanted to include a Chanel red - I could've gone for Cambon - I find them all quite similar. This is a slick, creamy red lipstick that's quite light and a good all-rounder. Smells nice, very pleasant on the lips, leaves a very bright pink stain.
I usually wear them blotted without a liner during the day, and lined at night, but either way red is always quite obvious on me, and instantly makes me feel invincible. I always need to have one at all times.